When utilising this mode, you may see a “Run Pump for Temp” message, which will display if your Spa has not circulated for over an hour. If you are seeing this message and would like to check your Spa’s water temperature, simple press the ‘Jets’ button, to get your water circulating.
You will enter a Ready/Rest mode when your Spa is set to Rest mode but the jets have been manually activated. When Jets are activated in Rest mode, the Spa will begin to heat the water to the set temperature. The Spa water will continue to circulate on low speed until the Spa reaches the set temperature, or until an hour has passed (whichever comes first). The Spa will then return to Rest mode.
Setting the Modes
1. Press either the Temperature Up or Down button.
2. While the temperature is flashing, press the Lights button.
3. Keep pressing Lights until you get to the MODE setting.
4. Press the Temperature Up or Down button to toggle between "SET READY" or "SET REST" which will be in smaller font at the bottom of the screen.
5. Press the Lights button to set.
This blog post was adapted from the “Balboa BP Topside - Setting Modes (Ready, Rest, Ready/Rest)” Solution.
See the video below if you purchased your Spa before 2014 and have a VL404 Topside.